Monday, January 12, 2009

Two months old today!

Wow! I can’t believe how the time has flown. I have four days (including today) left with the girls (I return to work on the 16th) and the parting will definitely be bittersweet (and much more bitter than sweet). In some ways I’m really looking forward to going back – I enjoy teaching, my students, and the school in which I work. But when I think that going back will leave me with only three or four waking hours a day with the girls, I sorta start to cry. Not sorta. I do cry. I often wish that I had thought of this ahead of time and had tried to arrange some sort of part-time situation at work…but it’s a little late for that now. C’est la vie. I’ve had 9 weeks off with them, which is more than many people get so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

The girls are growing by leaps and bounds. According to my bathroom scale (which I have some serious issues with, by the way), Evaline is upwards of 8 pounds – which is over twice her “take-home” weight! Cora is somewhere between 9 and 10. It is hard to think that this is around the size (particularly Evaline) of most babies when they are born – they seem so BIG to me!! The girls are getting to be pretty sturdy; Cora needs only minor support of her head when she is carried or sitting on laps, etc. Evaline needs a bit more help, but…she’s little. The last couple of days I’ve noticed some big changes in Evaline: she used to get incredibly frustrated with most activities (i.e. batting at things, etc); it seemed pretty clear that her mind was ahead of her body and she was very frustrated. But the past couple of days she has become much better at it all, and her disposition has bettered as well – all smiles and many shrieks of joy as she bats away under the floor gym. She’s also started to “talk” to us, Cora’s been doing this for a couple of weeks so it is nice to have Evaline joining into our conversations.

We've been a bit lax on taking pictures the past week or so, but the newest cute ones are below. When they were itty bitty I kept meaning to take a picture of them next to some object for comparison purposes…and failed miserably at the task. Why I never got around to it I have no idea since it was something that I really wanted to do. Maybe I’ll remember the next time I have twins (riiiiiight).




1 comment:

Katie said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and dwelling on my own sad countdown :(