My first day off I met Ian and his co-workers for lunch, it was the first time that several of them met the girls and I'm happy to report that there were no tears. (Lately they have been a bit wary of strangers, when they met my sister's bf they burst into tears and once calmed down proceeded to stare at him for an hour - I'm pretty sure they didn't even blink - particularly Evaline.) After lunch I took the girls to pick up diapers at Target (and after today I will have made three trips to Target in the five days I've been home). But, let me say this again, I took the girls to Target. Just me. This was a big step - the first solo trip with the girls to somewhere beyond Gramma's (and Grampa's) house. And it went swimmingly. I straped Evaline (she's lighter) into the Baby Bjorn (thanks Gretchen! - we will be missing it when we have to give it back in a couple weeks), and plopped Cora in the cart and off we went.
On Thursday I went shopping with the girls again, to the baby consignment shop - we're looking for a new baby carrier (see above perenthesized comment). These girls are so good! Who knew twins would be so easy (just kidding - but, if you are going to have twins, these would be the ones to have)!
In the past almost-month (I can't believe its been so long since I've posted), the girls have grown up so! They are sometimes eating semi-solids - those little baby puff things: our doctor says to start them on these instead of Cheerios as they disolve a bit quicker and are better for learning, and little pieces of cut-up banana, and an occasional Nilla wafer. Evaline does better at feeding herself, she's even started to drink some water out of a sippy (and LOVES it). Cora likes all of these things, and can eat them, but prefers (demands?) to be fed she has no interest in attempting to do it herself.
They are on the verge of crawling. Evaline is quite mobile, getting where she needs to go (or, going where she needs to to get what she wants). They both get up on their hands and knees and rock and rock. Cora only goes backwards, which frustrates the heck out of her; but today Evaline went forward for the first time. This time next month, they will definately be keeping us on our toes.
Finally, they are really starting to notice one another. They have been more and more over the past several months, but it is really starting to take off. And whats more, I think they like each other - hooray! - I hope they keep that up!
When Ian was at work on Wednesday I decided to have a photo shoot with the ladies, here are the highlights (plus a couple other random ones, just for fun).
Evaline - feeding herself something kinda sugary - pure bliss...
Cora - I love this picture!
I didn't know it was possible for 7-month-olds to have a favorite toy, but these girls love their animals...or at least they love trying to eat them...
Evaline also likes to try and eat her sister, alas, Cora doesn't cooperate nearly as well as the bunny
Cora takes her revenge - I'm so sad this one came out blurry, but I still had to share
Cora, making her usual "why is that little black box with the flashing light covering Mommy's face again; I don't like it" face
Ian isn't a huge fan of the headbands, but I don't think the girls could possibly get any cuter
2 comments:
Wow - they even look different from seeing them a few weeks ago at the shower! Kudos to you and all your outings with the girls. Have a great summer!
Great pictures...such cuties!
We have an extra Bjorn. Let me know if you want to use it.
Post a Comment