Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Picture pages...

Summer seems to be getting close to the "wind-down" stage, and I don't really want to think about that. Instead, I'll think about why I'm loving being home this summer:


I have these little boxes that you can nest inside each other, or stack up to make a tower. Here is Cora's reaction to Evaline knocking down the tower:


And here is Evaline's reaction to knocking down the tower:



The girls' favorite room (kitchen) and favorite toys (potato masher and wire whisk...weird):



Cora's begun to make a new face - usually when she's a little nervous or is around someone "new" or at least she doesn't see everyday and is still warming up. We call it her "cabbage patch kid" impression. (BTW...Cora has become quite the little wimp lately, some things she is terrified of: the vacuum, the hair dryer, men, and this cute little penguin that you knock over "Bobo-the-clown-style"....she will scream and then sit in my lap with her head buried for about 10-15 minutes...again...weird.)



Evaline has learned to pull herself up - and is learning all sorts of new tricks, like climbing stairs (with us right near by, of course). Now, if she could only learn to get herself down once standing...





"Look Mom! One-handed!" What a show-off...



Climbing all over their dad...



Just looking cute...



Another girl, just looking cute... (she's starting to smile for the camera!)


Getting ready to go for a walk - all shiny-ed up with sunscreen...


And finally, playing together, without even really knowing it. They are both having a good time, but are both stuck here (Evaline can't sit down, Cora can't crawl out!)...

1 comment:

Katie said...

We got the barettes at Walmart back in the baby clothes section. They are just the little snap kind, and we got a whole bunch of colors for just a couple of bucks. I think they are so cute. And they keep people from thinking Sara is a boy ... so she has a carseat that has blue on it, big deal, right?!. Wish I would've known sooner that a kid wearing a dress but riding in a seat with blue must be boys... ha!