I hope that everyone has had a wonderful holiday! We have! :) Although, this week has been one of our busiest this year. I'm awfully glad that I have the next week off to recuperate.
The festivities started last Sunday with our Wiley family Christmas; it was great to get to see all the aunts, uncles, cousins (and their families). The girls were great - they spent most of the evening downstairs, tagging along with the older kids. My cousin's daughters volunteered to keep an eye on them...so we spent most of the time off-duty. It helped that the party was at my parents' house, so they were in familiar territory and everything was Evaline-proof (slightly higher requirements than just child-proof). Tuesday Ian and took off work because the girls had surgery for ear tubes. Yes, BOTH girls. I'm sure I've mentioned before that they have ear infections since September. We were supposed to have surgery on the 3rd, but apparently the doctor felt it was more important to be at his child's birth. The week before surgery Cora got a major infection and Ev got a massive cold. But...all was well by Tuesday and it was a go.
Thursday we gave up pacifiers. Apparently Santa only visits little girls who don't use them. We had been good about sticking to our "only for sleeping" rule until the girls got sick this fall, then gradually the used them more and more. I explained why they could longer have them, then had the girls throw them away themselves. Eva was all about it; Cora's heart was temporarily broken. They've never asked for them since, but are still getting used to sleeping without them: nap time and early mornings are the biggest hurdles.
Christmas was good to us. On Christmas Eve day Ian and I saw the movie True Grit with my dad, Dave & Katie while my mom watched C&E. I'd highly recommend it. We spent a very nice evening with my family, and then spent most of Christmas day out at the Kozlik farm with the Petersen side.
The girls have really seemed to enjoy this Christmas...or perhaps the girls have very much enjoyed unwrapping presents. I would have thought they were too young to really "get" Santa, but after Christmas Eve with my family they kept talking about "Santa coming" (Cora) and "Santa. [is coming to our] House." (Eva) and about 6:00am we heard Cora banging on her bedroom door shouting "I'm awake! Santa! Presents! I'm awake!" And so it begins...
Final note...or rather, two more pictures worth showing:
Evaline got into her Grandma Barb's purse and found her lipstick. She was awfully sneaky and got this far before anyone noticed:
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5







No comments:
Post a Comment