This is quite the storm that is sweeping the US. According to friends on Facebook and the blogosphere, school is cancelled everywhere from New Mexico to Texas to Michigan. And of course here in Iowa as well. We got out at noon today to get kids home before the weather hit, and the call came in at around 7pm to cancel for tomorrow.
Ian is out shoveling snow as I type. He's been out there for about an hour. The wind is howling, the snow is blowing, but he is shoveling. He wants to get a head start on it so it isn't unbearable in the morning. Ugh. I keep checking out the window to make sure he hasn't blown away or gotten buried by an avalanche coming off the roof or something. I suggested that he tie a rope around his waist with the other end tied to our door so that he can find his way back inside. He said he wasn't Pa Ingalls and that he'd manage just fine.
Speaking of snow days, it sounds like a perfect time to do some baking.
And speaking of baking, I've started a new food-related blog. I oringinally attempted to just add another page to this blog, but it didn't work the way that I had wanted it to...so a whole new blog it is. It's called "Sugar Cookies and Champagne". (What can I say, my recent Chicago trip was an inspiration.)
"But Merry," you say, "you can barely keep up with this one! How are you ever going to manage TWO?!"
I don't know. We'll play it by ear and see how it goes. I mostly want a place to store recipes AND photos of those recipes that I try out. In case anyone ever reads it I'll probably write something cute along with the posts. Pretend I'm a real blogger and stuff.
So, what will be featured on this new blog? Oh, all kinds of recipes. A lot of it will be sweet. But there will be some main dishes, and other savory bits as well. Especially stuff that works well with the girls. Or ways that I can sneak vegetables into their bellies without them realizing it.
If you're interested, follow along. If you're not...who cares, I wasn't talking to you anyway. (**smile, wink**)
1 comment:
I love your new blog idea! I plan to visit often ... And once in a while I might feel motivated enough to actually try one of your recipes. Truth be told, you have me craving meatloaf right now.
Post a Comment