Last weekend Evaline asked me to turn on some music in the upstairs "miscelaneous" room (it will one day be one of their rooms, if they decide that they are done sharing a room). I complied, and a little later, this is what I found - they had both pulled out their tutus, and had found my yoga mat - which apparently they've figured out is used for excersice is some way (I have no idea how they've made this discovery, Lord knows they've never seen me use it!). (You can also see, from this video, that Eva is easily distracted.)
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Dancin' Machines
I've been hoping to get the girls involved in some sort of dance class - they both love to dance, and (especially Evaline) love to perform. Our local Parks and Rec has one class a week, but only offers it on Wednesday mornings. This is something that I consider absolutely and completely unfair. I understand having something during the day so that kids who's mom/dad don't work can go to...but what about the rest of us?? I'd been holding out hope for the summer, because I'm lucky that I don't have to work in June or July...I thought perhaps they'd get to go to dance class then. No such luck, it would seem that the class is only held during the school year. And there really aren't other options available for three-year-olds: all the other classes/sports/etc don't start until 4 years old at the earliest. Not a fan, Cedar Rapids. Not. a. fan.
Last weekend Evaline asked me to turn on some music in the upstairs "miscelaneous" room (it will one day be one of their rooms, if they decide that they are done sharing a room). I complied, and a little later, this is what I found - they had both pulled out their tutus, and had found my yoga mat - which apparently they've figured out is used for excersice is some way (I have no idea how they've made this discovery, Lord knows they've never seen me use it!). (You can also see, from this video, that Eva is easily distracted.)
Last weekend Evaline asked me to turn on some music in the upstairs "miscelaneous" room (it will one day be one of their rooms, if they decide that they are done sharing a room). I complied, and a little later, this is what I found - they had both pulled out their tutus, and had found my yoga mat - which apparently they've figured out is used for excersice is some way (I have no idea how they've made this discovery, Lord knows they've never seen me use it!). (You can also see, from this video, that Eva is easily distracted.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment