Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Funnies

One of the ideas when originally starting this blog was to chronicle the growing up of the girls.  You know, have something to look back on and remember some of the stuff that I'm likely to forget.  Therefore, I suppose I should have started doing something like this about a year and a half ago - when they started saying funny things.  Well, when I can remember it, or when something worth remembering (that also happened to make me laugh) happens, I'm going to try and record it here - in the "Sunday Funnies"

The girls have been playing "family" a lot lately.  One girl is the mommy, the other is the baby.  This means that "Mommy!  I need help!" is a very commonly uttered phrase throughout the house.  The problem, is that it is only used in reference to me about 1/4 of the time, but I can never tell who exactly they are talking to.  So, while "Mommy! I need help!" is probably the most common phrase we hear around here, a close second is "Who are you talking to?  Do you need ME?" (coming from me of course).

As the baby gets closer and closer to getting here (check out the blog tomorrow for an update on that), they've started to change the "family" game a bit.  Now, one is the mommy, one is the kid, and a doll is the baby.  Here's the problem: They make the most annoying, loud crying noise that is their baby crying.  Yesterday, we had this conversation:

Cora: (ultra-loud, ultra-obnoxious crying noise)
Me: Hey, can you please stop making that awful sound.
Evaline: Its the baby mommy, she's crying.
Me: Well, can you please make her stop crying.
Evaline: I can't...she's just crying.
Me: Well, give her a bottle, or change her, or give her a pacifier, just get her to stop.
Evaline: I tried that mommy, but she's just crying...that's what babies do...sometimes they just cry.

I guess she's been listening to me as I've been trying to get them ready for their sister...

No comments: