Monday, March 4, 2013

Six Month Photo Dump

Willa is six months old!!  Actually, she was six months old almost a week ago but we just went to her doctor's appointment today.  As suspected, she's pretty perfect.

Since we're at the 6th month mark, let's take a look back at some of her growth pictures (I didn't take them for nothing, after all):








Right now Willa weights 15 lbs, 15 oz.  (less than Cora did at this age, but more than Evaline) which puts her at the 44th percentile for weight, she is 25 1/2 inches long (1/4 inch longer than C&E were) which is the 29th percentile, and her HUGE noggin is in the 97th percentile!!

Willa is rolling from tummy to back like its her job, she hates lying on her tummy more than anything and has no interest in being there.  Ever.  She has rolled from back to tummy, twice, but has since decided that it isn't worth the effort.  She is well on her way to sitting solo, getting a bit better at balancing on her hips everyday. It takes a lot of strength to hold up that huge head of hers.  She's pretty keen on her bottle (and if you catch a glimpse of her thighs, you will have no doubt of this) but has very little interest in solids.  She's tried cereal, peas, green beans, carrots and apples...but nothing has yet tempted her palate. She's reaching and grabbing for things. She's quiet and observant, but she loves to be around people.  Generally, she will be happy if she's positioned in the room where she can see everything going on - but only if everyone stays where she can see them (she gets cranky when left alone). She loves her floor gym, her giraffe-blanket, her crinkly giraffe toy, her "O" ball, and anything that she grab on to and put in her mouth.  She loves watching her big sisters act goofy (unfortunately, however, the very things (sounds, actions, etc) that elicit peals of laughter and squeals of glee from Willa are....super annoying to Ian and me. Because of Willa's response, it's cute the first ten times or so, but after that.....).  She goes to bed around 6:30 at night and on school days we wake her up around 6:00 am but on weekends she'll sleep until 7:00 or 7:15.  (I'm a huge advocate for early sleep training.) Her naps are good, but inconsistent - two or three a day, anywhere from one to three hours at a stretch.

And that's Willa.

And here's Willa, too:

Just hanging out, being her smiley self

It's hard to tell, but they're all wearing sheep-themed footy jammies

She looks as though she's all excited to eat.  Looks are deceiving.

Shortly before a nose-dive.

Another happy baby girl.

Cora's teaching her to use her computer.

This was her first bite of cereal.

Watching Mom and Dad fold laundry.


I've had some questions about who does she look like here lately....here are some pics...let's see if you can guess who is in each one:

Picture A:

Picture B:

                                      

Picture C:

Picture D:

Picture E: 
Answers: 
A: Cora, B: Willa, C: Evaline, D: Merry  E: Ian(I'm a little older, and Ian's a little younger, but I had limited access to pictures from the same age). 

So?  How'd you do?

4 comments:

Gretchee said...

I got them all right Teacher! I get an A+ on the baby naming assignment! :D

rgearheart said...

I got all of your kids right! Sitting at Ian's desk has served me well.

Velma said...

I got them all right, but then, I knew Ian as a baby. Love seeing all the photos - hoping to see you soon (couple of weeks). By the way - I think Willa looks a lot like Cora, yet she has your eyes, I think

Aunt Velma

Unknown said...

Willa(me)-Cora