Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Green-Eyed Monster is beginning to rear its head!

I didn't know that jealousy would kick in this soon. But at (almost) 15 months, here it is. It is a good thing that we have two of most things, because one always wants what the other has. Well, maybe not so much anymore - they might not want the same thing, but one exactly like it. They are ok with the other playing with a phone, a sippy, a favorite animale - whatever - as long as they have one, too.

The worst has come just recently, though. As seen in the last post, Evaline's hair is finally long enought to do up in super-cute pony- and pig-tails, complete with bows. Cora, however, still has nothing but glorified peach-fuzz. Something of which she has recently become painfully aware.

Last weekend, I did Evaline's hair:

(look at those curls!!)


And from the moment I started combing Evaline's mane, Cora fussed until she had her hair done, too. This is, apparently, a magic barrette that attaches itself to practically nothing.


Today, since it was Saturday and I had time, I decided to try something even more adventurous with Evaline...pigtails!


When Cora saw her sister she got VERY excited and LOVED it! Couldn't stop laughing. Until she realized that she couldn't have the same. I tried giving Cora a comb - one of her favorite toys, she loves to "comb" her own hair (aka, rub the comb against her head) - and she burst into tears, grabbed the sides of her head - right where Evaline had her pigtails - and just sobbed uncontrollably, until I took Evaline's pigtails out.


A little later Cora got very upset to see me wearing a headband. So I got another one of mine and cinched it with a safety pin to make it fit her, which she wore with pride:



Now, I suppose if I ever want to do anything to Evaline's hair again, I'd better get some super-cute, super-girly headbands for Miss Cora. Anyone know where I can get some? I've looked at Target and Walmart and am sorely disappointed with the selection.

3 comments:

Katie said...

So hysterical! They are such cuties. I have a feeling this whole "I want her hair" issue may never go away.

My heart would be filled with delight if Sara demanded that I do anything with her hair ... she prefers the unkempt look.

The Ausenhus Family said...

I laughed out loud! This is so adorable. Ben started to have a fascination with wearing things on his head around 15 months too. We now have a drawer full of hats and sometimes, Ben insists that Brant and I wear the hats too. Good luck on finding hair accessories for both - I have no guidance to give you!

Gretchee said...

I also laughed hysterically at this!!!! ADORABLE!!!

Go check out Clares for little girl hair accessories