We have a sort-of crazy daycare schedule this year. We are incredibly lucky to have such a schedule - not because it is crazy, but because we have an awesome set of people caring for the girls while we're at work.
Last year we started the year with the girls at KinderCare (part-time - I'll get to that). We really liked KinderCare. The girls had a good time at KinderCare. But...the second day there, Evaline came down some sort of stomach flu. Then Cora got it. Then they got colds. Then came the barrage of ear infections. In December they finally had ear tubes put in. But that did not stop the ear infections. They came just as fast and furious as they did before the surgery.
Some friends from work started taking their kids to a lady who was starting an in-home daycare in January, I think. She was taking additional kids, and she was willing to take them on a part-time basis. We made the switch in March, right after spring break. Since then, the girls have had one cold. Having healthy kids is a wonderful thing.
And they LOVE going to Kate. We are very happy to have made this switch.
But it gets even better. I said they go to daycare part-time. They go only three days a week. One day a week they get to spend with their Petersen grandparents. One day week they get to spend with their Cooper grandparents. I love that they get to spend time every week with their grandparents, that they are getting to build this kind of relationship with them. They love it (the girls...I can't speak for the grandparents, but I'm hoping they feel the same way).
I'm afraid that this year all these different places on all these different days might get a bit confusing for the girls. So I came up with this idea. I created a chart to show where they will go everyday (I'm hoping that it may do double duty as providing a way to see where they are going AND to help teach them the days of the week).
Each picture is actually a pocket. I cut out pictures of each girl and attached it to a large popsicle stick, so each day they can move it to the place they are going. Like this:


1 comment:
Great idea! I could see that type of chart working for a variety of things as the girls get older ... the main thing that comes to mind right now is chores!
Love your house, too. When I saw the picture of the outside, I thought, "That is so Merry." Looks like a great place. Glad you guys have lots of space to spread out. Enjoy making it yours!
Post a Comment