1.) The biggest is one that I don't have a picture of yet. I made a matching set of cross-stitch Santa pictures - but I have yet to frame them (see...it's the finishing things I have problems with...). And Christmas is four days away. Sigh. Perhaps next year... When they are framed I'll share them, even if it's July. They only took me about 7 years to do...(with many other projects started - and some even finished - in between :-)).
2.) This is sort of cheating, since my mom did a lot of it. And she's the one who put on the finishing touches (i.e. velcro) so that it could actually be used (thanks, mom). We had one of these count-down-to Christmas trees when I was little. Actually, we used that one to create the pattern for this one. Cora and Evaline are LOVING it this year. Putting up an ornament is the first thing they want to do every morning. And its also a good way to teach them to take turns. The calendar part is 25 pockets that contains a different ornament to put on the tree - all made with felt and a variety of sequins and beads.
3.) When cold weather hit this year (although "cold" is a relative word - this year with highs still in the mid-to-upper thirties, it still pretty warm) I started wearing my winter coat and scarf. C & E immediately want one and kept bugging us about having daddy go to the store to buy "girl scarves." (Dad's the big shopper around here.) I had a bunch of yarn left over from previous projects (most of them finished), so I decided it would be easier if I just made them some. I let the girls pick what yarn I should use, and they both picked a variegated pink and purple yarn. Turned out pretty good for a weekend project :-)
4.) And now...for my next project. I could choose one of the unfinished ones sitting the a Rubbermaid tub in the basement. Or...I could start searching Pinterest for something new. Decisions, decisions. I think I know which one I'm going to choose.


1 comment:
Yeah Merry! You are so talented. I bet the girl's beam when they say "mommy made it".
Post a Comment