That is all that I am going to be able to read this summer. I'm going to have to take three classes, which isn't going to give me much time for pleasure reading. But I've decided that I get to read one book simply for fun.
I'm going to drive to Chicago. I'm going to find an independent coffee shop - NOT a Starbucks - and I'm going to read my book. In between chapters I might go to the art museum. I might go to the history museum. I will definately go to Hull House. I will take Ian with me. I will not take the girls.
Now I just need to find the book. (And pick a date, find a hotel, etc...but lets take things one step at a time here.) Not the kind of book that I listen to when I run - sort of the book-equivalent of "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" or "The Sweetest Thing". Nothing is wrong with those types of books, but when I only get one book....I need a real good book. The book equivalent of "Being John Malcovich" or "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".
Here's where you come in. What can you recommend?
And stay tuned for a post, perhaps this weekend or early in the week for an update on those darling girls of mine - 18 months last week! Who could believe it!!
1 comment:
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: read The Help. I know you are often a "classics" girl, but I'm telling you that you need to read this book. It's moving. If you're up for something non-fiction and a little thicker, read Columbine.
Why are you taking three classes? UGH. Condolences. :)
Post a Comment