The last month with the girls has been great. Whatever "super-incredibly-I'm-going-to-lose-mind" fussy phase Evaline had been going through since about her first birthday has disappeared, and has been replaced by an almost always smiling, funny, laid-back little girl. What a relief! While not the easiest babies in the world, they are turning out to be pretty awesome toddlers. Hope I don't jinx that by typing it here.
They turned 18 mos. on the 12th. Last Tuesday we went to their doctor appointment and are happy to say that they are right where they should be on all fronts. Happy healthy little girls! And I do emphasize the little - both weighing in at just a tad over 22 lbs (this puts them a bit shy of the 25th percentile). Evaline is an inch and a quarter taller than Cora, though.
Not much else new to report: I think we're all waiting for summer so that we can breathe a little here :-)
Some photos from the last month or so (in no particular order):

Cora is a slow eater, and Evaline has little patience in waiting for her to be done. Here, she's checking Cora's tray...

I made "Whoopie Pies" last weekend (delicious cake-like chocolate cookies with frosting sandwiched in between). I let the girls lick the frosting beaters. They were very, very happy. (Here, Evaline is with her cousin Isabel who was hanging out with us and helping with the cookies.)

Cora needed to get every last drop of frosting off that beater.

To get them to sit still enough for a picture together, they each needed a cell phone to play with. They weren't happy about having to look up from their phones for the picture.





1 comment:
They are adorable, Merry! I love it when they hit that age.
Post a Comment