Monday, October 8, 2012

Six Weeks! (and a pumpkin patch)



Willa has been with us for six weeks now! 


 Last night she only got up once, at 3 am, and then  not again until 7.  She's done this a couple of times before, but I'm hoping that she makes this a trend.  Getting up at 1:30, 4:30, and 6:30 is for the birds. For the most part she's a pretty good sleeper during the day, but I'm still ready for her to start sleeping through the night.  Cora slept through the night at 8 weeks, and Evaline did at 10...Willa outweighs what they were at that age, so I'm hoping she'll catch on pretty soon here.  (On Wednesday of last week the Dr.'s office weighed her when we went in for C&E's flu "mists"...and she was a whopping 10 lbs!!  A full 2 lbs gained in 5 weeks!)  I enjoy her "newborn" phase in a lot of ways, but I think that I'm ready to move on to the more fun "baby" stuff.  We're getting there, at the end of last week she started "talking" to us - the coos and goos that are the beginning of learning to socialize.

But even more exciting...look what she learned to do this morning(!):



Isn't that smile one of the most precious things you've ever seen?  Well...after weeks of late nights, early mornings, and fussy evenings, this a much welcomed sight.  

This past weekend we all went to a nearby orchard and pumpkin patch.  The girls had a blast - we walked through the pumpkin patch and orchard, went on a wagon ride, picked out our pumpkins and bought cider doughnuts and lots of apples to freeze for pies.  It was all in all a good day.  The highlight for the girls was when the tractor (that pulled the wagon) "got stuck" as we were crossing a small creek and we all had to shout "GO BESSIE, GO!" to get her fired up and going.  This was a big deal, since we rode on something similar last year at my uncle's farm and Cora was scared to death of the tractor.  She was a bit apprehensive about it this time, but was willing to try it...and she giggled the whole time.  Here's the proof of a good day:






2 comments:

velma said...

Merry - I always enjoy your little blog entries so much! It makes me feel like I can be a part of your lives even so far away. I'm seeing a bit of "Petersen" in Willa's smile....so cute. Wish we could be there more.

Auntie, Auntie Velma

Unknown said...

Willa said...

I am SO cute!!!