Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday, Cora and Evaline!

It's hard to believe that these two little girls


are already four years old! Four years ago today I was lying in the hospital (I was in the hospital with pre-eclampsia for two weeks before they were born), then going into labor, then having the c-section, then having the two precious and tiny babies in my arms (Evaline was 4lbs, 4oz; Cora was 5lbs, 10 oz).  And now they are so grown up.  Time certainly flies.

This year we really made their birthdays into a celebration.  Friday was my last day of maternity leave - I'm back at work today :( - so Ian took the day off and we went down to Coralville Mall.  We had the girls ride the Carousel:




Then we went to the Build-a-Bear, and let them make their own new stuffed animals (McKella the Bear for Evaline, and Emily Petersen Penguin for Cora).


On Saturday was their birthday party:

We went with a "flower" theme this year:


Tissue paper flowers (thank you, Pinterest, for the tutorials):


We had a long guest-list with both of our families...so we planned for a lot of food... went WAAAYY overboard:





Then, just hanging out at the party - We got some great pictures, but didn't pics of everyone there.  If you were there (you know who you are) and got more pics - we'd love to have copies!

Here's Grandma Donna and Willa:

Aunt Katie and Evaline:

The kids, enjoying their dinner - pigs-in-a-blanket (as requested by C&E...random, I know), cheesy potatoes, fruit salads, and chips:

Dad and Willa (they were watching the Texas A&M game: Gig 'em, Aggies!!):

I made Evaline and Cora each a special giant cookie...Eva snuck away to eat hers

Time for the Birthday Song!


Both of the girls with (my) Grandpa John:



No comments: