Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Laryngitis

Before I had kids I had never had laryngitis.  Not real laryngitis.  I think I may have lost my voice after an intense series of "Yell Like Hell" practices back in college...but not the kind you get from being sick.  Since having kids, however, I get it all. the. time.  I'm sure its just a coincidence - I can't think of any rational reason why being pregnant or having kids would cause me to get sick.  But still, in the four years since Cora and Evaline were born, I've had laryngitis five times.

Five times counting right now, that is.  I have a birthday party for the girls where we will be hosting around 25 family and close friends (we have a lot of family) this weekend.  I go back to work on Monday.  And I have laryngitis.  Again.

It started yesterday and has gotten progressively worse throughout the day, to the point where I have almost no voice left at all.  When this has happened before at work, they've gotten me a microphone and I've taught by using that sparingly and writing a lot on the board and using our SmartBoards (interactive projector things).  But that was when I knew the kids.  I was only around for one week before being gone for 11.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.  Here's hoping we can get this cleared up in the next couple of days...

1 comment:

rgearheart said...

How? How? This just doesn't happen to people! Well, not normal people. Can't wait to have you back!